- Towards a Northern Ontario Multimodal Transportation Strategy is a discussion paper that summarizes technical analysis and input to date, and seeks feedback on the emerging strategic directions – Comment period closes December 16, 2016
- Now available in Oji-Cree: ᑲᐃᐧᐊᓄᑲᑌᐠ ᑭᐁᐧᑎᓄᐠ ᐅᐣᑌᕑᐃᔪ ᓇᓇᑐᐠ ᐱᒧᑫᐃᐧᓇᐣ ᐊᐧᐁᐧᓇᒋᑫᐃᐧᐣ ᐱᓇᒪ ᐊᓂᒧᒋᑫᐃᐧ ᐱᐸᐣ
- Draft technical backgrounders have been prepared to assist in developing NOMTS – Posted November 2016
- Attend a Public Information Centre in Northern Ontario in October and November 2016
- Draft Phase 1 Report – Posted May 2016
The Ministry of Transportation Ontario (MTO) and Ministry of Northern Development and Mines (MNDM) are developing a Northern Ontario Multimodal Transportation Strategy (NOMTS, or the Strategy) which is a key initiative to support the implementation of transportation directions in the Growth Plan for Northern Ontario. The Strategy will adopt an integrated multimodal approach that considers highway, marine, air, rail, and other modes of transportation, and the Strategy will include recommended improvements for the movement of people and goods over the next 25 years.
The Strategy is currently under development. You can contact us at any time with your feedback, ideas, and questions. There will be an opportunity to suggest what should be in the Strategy in fall 2016, and to comment on a draft Strategy in early 2017.
As the project progresses, keep in touch with the Project Team and stay up to date on the latest reports, engagement, and other study materials posted on this website. Your input is important and involvement of the public, stakeholders, and Indigenous peoples and communities throughout the study will be integral to shaping the Transportation Strategy. Contact us with your feedback!